James Edward Butler III’s Answers

James Edward Butler III

Atlanta Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. How long does a settlement take? The defendant took responsibility after the deposition phase was over. Wrongful death

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Noah Howard Pines
    2. Scott Benjamin Riddle
    3. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    4. John L. Schroeder
    5. Robert G. Rothstein
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    The answer to this is clear, but that answer is not a number: settlement takes as long as it takes for the defendant to decide that it will be cheaper for him to settle out of court than take the case to trial. To put it another way, most defendants will not settle for any reasonable amount unless they know that the plaintiff is willing to try the case in front of a jury. That's why it's wise to hire a lawyer.

  2. Injured in a hit and run, has drivers address only info was able to get

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Peter Jonathan Ross
    2. Aaron P. Marks
    3. Fareesh S. Sarangi
    4. Sam Louis Levine
    5. Philip Wesley Lorenz
    6. ···
    10 lawyer answers

    First, notify the police and seek treatment to address your injuries. Second, retain a good lawyer if you believe you are entitled to compensation for those injuries. You will most likely have two avenues of recovery: first, the at-fault driver and any liability insurance he or she may have. Because this is a hit and run, this first avenue of recovery may also include punitive damages. Second, your own uninsured motorist policy if the at-fault driver's liability insurance is insufficient to...

  3. Injured on Kohls prpty outsde store on way in, tore foot/ankle lig and waiting on result of hip rad. Wtg on liability admission

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Glenn Jay Holzberg
    5. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Kohl's is a for-profit business, and Kohl's does not make a profit by paying money to claimants like you. I say that to make this point: if you're waiting for Kohl's to admit liability, you will have to wait a long time. Like any other defendant, Kohl's will admit liability and pay the reasonable value of your claim ONLY when it believes that it is cheaper for the company to settle out of court then go to trial against a competent, prepared lawyer. So, consult with a good lawyer--this is not...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. What are my odds of winning a car accident law suit against a Long Island fire chief?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Nicholas Allen Primrose
    2. Mitchell Jan Birzon
    3. James Edward Butler III
    3 lawyer answers

    If it's clear that the fire chief is at fault--and from your description, it sounds clear--your chances of winning are very good. If the fire chief was acting in the scope of his employment--and if he's claiming that his sirens were on, it sounds like he was in the scope of his employment--then you should discuss with a local lawyer the possibility of filing suit against whatever governmental entity he worked for. But MOVE QUICKLY because in most jurisdictions, you must file an "ante litem"...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer