Teri L. Thompson’s Answers

Teri L. Thompson

Atlanta Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Do I need a lawyer for false prison

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Teri L. Thompson
    1 lawyer answer

    If you were released from prison and you were revoked or returned to prison due to allegations of misconduct, there are ways to resolve this issue. Having documentation showing where you were supposed to be may not be enough to get you released. Therefore, I strongly encourage you or your family to contact a lawyer to help sort this out as it will likely take more than just turning over documentation. A competent lawyer will know how to navigate through this confusion and help get positive...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. My dad was sentenced to life with parole. He has served 10years and will come up for parole in 4 years. Will he be released?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Teri L. Thompson
    2. Allen Rust Knox
    3. Benjamin David Goldberg
    4. James Emmit Hardy II
    4 lawyer answers

    Given your father's age, prison conduct and changes in Georgia's laws there are creative ways to approach his case. Based on your question, it appears that his conviction was prior to 2006. You need to sit down with competent counsel who can adequately review your father's case to see what options are truly available to him. Teri Thompson, Attorney 1745 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30314 (404) 576-8262

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. What are the steps of the criminal justice system from the suspect's point of view?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Benjamin David Goldberg
    2. Justin Spizman
    3. John Arnold Steakley
    4. Teri L. Thompson
    4 lawyer answers

    You ask very good questions, and we all must admit that the criminal justice system is far from perfect and can be a very intimidating place to be. I've been practicing for 20 years now in criminal law exclusively, and from the "suspect's" point of view I agree with your concerns. That is the very reason why you must sit down with an attorney to guide you through the process. Nothing should be too difficult for a competent criminal defense attorney. To answer your question directly,...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. Stole relatives credit card and charged $2,500 and paid it off before billing date. Will i be charged and go to jail?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Daniel Ellis Rice
    2. John Arnold Steakley
    3. Teri L. Thompson
    3 lawyer answers

    Making full restitution to your relative as soon as you can will help your case greatly. You cannot control whether your relative will press charges; likewise, you cannot control whether the State will pursue the case. Even if you are still arrested and charged, all is not lost. A good, competent attorney can present your case well and show your efforts to make restitution to mitigate the case. Teri Thompson, Attorney 404-576-8262 office 1745 Martin Luther King, Jr. Atlanta, Georgia 30314