A serious lawyer for your serious case.
- Unique qualifications.
There are many excellent Georgia lawyers competing for your serious case of back and neck injury, spinal cord injury, brain injury, amputation injury, burn injury or wrongful death. The best ones do not advertise on TV or billboards. No one lawyer can honestly claim to be the best for every case. But, for whatever it is worth, Ken Shigley is the only lawyer in Georgia who combines all these qualifications:
(1) past president of the State Bar of Georgia (2011-12), chair of the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia Board of Trustees (2012-13), and trustee of the Institute for Continuing Judicial Education in Georgia (2013-14);
(2) board certified civil trial advocate of the National Board of Trial Advocacy (since 1995);
(3) published author on personal injury practice in Georgia (Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice, 2010-14);
(4) Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, based on track record of seven figure verdicts and settlements;
(5) top peer ratings in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (“AV Preeminent” since 1995), Super Lawyers (Atlanta Magazine, since 2004) and Georgia Legal Elite (Georgia Trend, since 2004);
(6) member of the Christian Legal Society since 1974;
(7) Judicial Nominating Commission nomination to the Georgia Court of Appeals (2012); and
(8) national leadership role in his practice area (secretary and chair-elect designee, American Association for Justice Motor Vehicle, Highway & Premises Liability Section).
- Operational quality
Author of Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice, Ken Shigley is continually refining proprietary case preparation protocols based on the type of fail-safe checklists used by pilots. This is to streamline the basics and free us to focus on greater creativity in advocacy.
- Client Responsiveness
We can do the best work in the world, but if we don’t explain things to clients, that isn’t good enough. Therefore, after initial screening (we only consider taking about 10% of cases brought to us), we resolve to routinely schedule a long personal interview with Mr. Shigley – at your home or hospital room if necessary -- and will schedule periodic in-person or telephone conference status reports to explain things and respond to your questions.
Call or submit the online contact form today. We ordinarily respond personally to a serious personal injury or wrongful death case inquiry by the next business day. There is no obligation. If your case does not fit our practice, we may be able to guide you to the right lawyer for your case.