Skip to main content
Carrie Christine Fiedler

Carrie Fiedler’s Answers

2 total

  • I am trying to submit aplication for adjustment of status for my wife based on marrige.

    1. I am US sitizen, i work for myself (but do not have a bussiness licence). Form I-864 : what kind of documents i need to submit to prove my income? 2. I do not have US passport. Do i have to have it for us to apply for sdjusment of her status? ...

    Carrie’s Answer

    The Affidavit of Support (I-864) requires lengthy documentation of your financial situation. Most submit tax returns, bank accounts and assets valuations. The Application for Adjustment of Status (I-485) requires support documentation and biographical information.

    See question 
  • My boyfriend has been a permanent resident in the us two years we plan to marry so next year will be three years hes

    living in america, can he then apply for his citizenship by next year? 2 years as a permanent resident and one year married to a us citizen=total of 3 yrs. thanks

    Carrie’s Answer

    The general rule is that a legal permanent resident must be a resident of the U.S.A. for 5 years after obtaining legal permanent residence status OR be married to a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years.

    See question