Saralyn Stephanie Stewart’s Answers

Saralyn Stephanie Stewart

Monroe Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. I got a ticket for going 89 in a 55 zone what should I do? Plead nolo or talk to the DA about a reduction and pay the fine.

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.
    2. Saralyn Stephanie Stewart
    3. Jack Ira Klein
    4. Michael Adam Haber
    4 lawyer answers

    A nolo contendre plea will save you points on your license but it will not exempt you from the citation fine (which at 34 mph over speed limit will likely be several hundred dollars) nor will it exempt you from the super speeder penalty, which is an additional $200. An experienced speeding ticket attorney can negotiate with the prosecutor on your behalf and spot any issues that could be used to your advantage in that negotiation. However, if you want to handle it yourself, you should...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Wife moved out of state and took most of her stuff and then told me she wanted a divorce .can I donate what she left

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Glen Edward Ashman
    2. Saralyn Stephanie Stewart
    3. Alex Matthew Brown
    3 lawyer answers

    No. You can box it up and store it somewhere if you don't want to look at it but you cannot get rid of it yet unless she gives you express permission in writing. Otherwise, you could be on the hook for it later on in the proceedings.

  3. My speeding ticket for going 61 in a 45 only got reduced to 59 in a 45. Why was I offered such a horrible plea?

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Andrew Patrick Crook
    2. Lynn Norton-Ramirez
    3. Stephen Ross Cohen
    4. Saralyn Stephanie Stewart
    4 lawyer answers

    Was this ticket in NC? If so, then yes you will get points on your license for 14 over. However by reducing the speed below 15 over, they saved you from getting a 30 day license suspension so maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Since you have already pled, the best thing to do is contact the DMV and ask if you can attend a Driver Improvement Clinic to have the points removed from your record.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer