Robert F. Goings’s Answers

Robert F. Goings

Columbia Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Should i seek legal help. Was in a car accident and found not at fault. Now other drivers insurance is not accepting blame.

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Timothy George Kerrigan
    2. Robert F. Goings
    3. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    4. John L. Schroeder
    5. L. Maxwell Taylor
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I have handled many claim very similar to the one you are describing. It's unfortunate that the insurance company is taking this position, especially since you were not at fault. This can be a difficult claim, at first, because you where the driver that rear ended another driver. I would highly recommend that you contact an experienced accident attorney, especially if you received personal injuries in the accident, in order to get the insurance company to accept liability.

    10 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Is it worth it to pursue after trip and fall in Parking Lot?

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Daniel Nathan Hughey
    2. Robert F. Goings
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Richard Marc Katz
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I currently have a client that suffered a broken jaw as a result of a fall, and I understand how painful and frustrating your injuries likely are. I would highly suggest that you hire an attorney to file a claim on your behalf. The property owner will try to argue that the condition was open and obvious to you, or in your case, that the cause of the fall was a result of drinking alcohol. However, since the fall occurred in parking lot for a bar, the...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. My sister rented a car in VA she let her friend drive to SC he made a left turn a truck hit them killing my sister whos at fault

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Ryan S Montgomery
    2. Bradford Andrews
    3. Robert F. Goings
    4. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    5. Lewis John Gazda
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    The owner and driver of the truck that caused the accident would be at fault. In order to fully answer the question, I would need additional information.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. I work at a glass plant and received a first degree burn due to hot glass burning my leg.

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Robert F. Goings
    2. Ryan S Montgomery
    3. Thomas C. Nelson
    4. Mishka L Marshall
    4 lawyer answers

    I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I know that burn injuries can be very painful. I'm sure the scar is a constant reminder of this injury. You have a very good question. The answer will often require a consultation with a workers compensation attorney and a review of the medical records to determine the amount of compensation. Generally, you may be allowed compensation for the scar and any disfigurement. The amount of compensation would depend on your compensation rate, the type of scar,...

    Selected as best answer

  5. I've been in an car accident and the other person was in the wrong. And somehow i was subpoena to go to court because of the

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Robert F. Goings
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. John Reisz Hilgeman
    3 lawyer answers

    If you were subpoenaed, then you must attend the court proceedings. Without knowing more, more than likely, you were subpoenaed to attend the traffic court proceeding on behalf of the police officer to testify as to how the accident happened. Unless the police officer witnessed the accident, the officer cannot testify that the other driver caused the accident. He will need testimony from witnesses to the incident to prove that the other driver caused the collision. If you experienced any...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. I jerked my car to keep from hitting a hugh black bull in the middle of the road,is the owner liable for his bull?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Robert F. Goings
    2. Amy Kristan Raffaldt
    3. Glenn Jay Holzberg
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. David Herman Hirsch
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    In order to give you a completely correct answer, more information is likely needed. Typically, an owner of livestock has a legal obligation to keep them out of the roads which could likely lead to injuries to a motorist. I believe you may have a strong case but you would need to consult with a South Carolina attorney to be sure.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. How should I take action against the USPS?

    Answered 25 days ago.

    1. James Ross Snell
    2. Robert F. Goings
    3. David Herman Hirsch
    4. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    4 lawyer answers

    I'm very sorry that you are dealing with this problem that you did not cause. You would have a claim against UPS for causing the accident to include any medical bills, pain and suffering, and the inconvenience that this accident has caused. There are special rules in place against common carriers such as UPS. I definitely believe you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. Avvo does a great job rating attorneys. This firm has experience with handling these type of claims.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. If workman's comp claim was denied and I pursued to appeal w/ lawyer, who is responsible for all prior bills I paid ?

    Answered 2 months ago.

    1. Kenneth W Harrell
    2. Robert F. Goings
    3. John M Connell
    4. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano
    4 lawyer answers

    If the South Carolina Workers Compensation or the South Carolina Appellate Courts finally determine that the claim is compensable under the South Carolina Workers Compensation Act, then the Worker's Compensation carrier should be responsible for reimbursement of any prior bills that you paid. I would definately consult with a experienced workers compensation attorney on this issue.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  9. Do I need an attorney?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Kenneth W Harrell
    2. Alton Lamar Martin Jr.
    3. Robert F. Goings
    4. John R McCravy III
    5. Patrick E. Knie
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    Without a doubt I believe that you need to consult with an attorney. Back injuries can be very complex, and without the aid of an experienced workers compensation attorney, you may not be able to get the correct medical treatment that you need. I would suggest that you hire an attorney that you help you get the medical treatment that you need in order to correct and fix the back injury, not to mask the symptoms. My suggestion would be to send you for an Independent Medical Examination with a...

  10. I feel like my reputation is being ruined in my profession is there anything I can do

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Robert F. Goings
    2. Fred Wallace Woods Jr.
    3. Kambiz Adibzadeh
    3 lawyer answers

    I would call the South Carolina Bar's lawyer referral service and explain your issue. The lawyer referral service may be able to locate an attorney for you that specializes in this area of law.

Call now for a free consultation.