Skip to main content
No photo

James Anderson’s Answers

2 total

  • What is a reference bond

    person released from jail and it states on a reference bond, with no funds posted for bail

    James’s Answer

    Usually there are two types of bonds, secured and unsecured. A secured bond requires money or a bond (promise to pay) be posted by a bailbonds man. An unsecured bond is what most people call "signing yourself out" of jail. In such case, there is still a bond sum or amount but the person can sign a promise to pay said sum in order to get released from jail. If they don't appear in court, a civil judgment can be obtained against them.

    See question 
  • I was given a ticket for going 70 in a 55 mph work zone in NC will the points go on my MD license?

    Haven't had any points on my license in over 30 years. It was pouring down raining and the sign said workers ahead 55 mph. There weren't any workers in that kind of rain and I was just keeping up with traffic in the right lane. The regular speed l...

    James’s Answer

    Yes....any points assigned or rather any conviction will be reported to your home State of MD. With a good record, I think most attorneys could get this citation amended to a non-moving violation. Every county or jurisdiction is different, and has their own policies, regarding reductions or amendments to citations.

    See question