James R. Anderson’s Answers

James R. Anderson

Fayetteville Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. I was given a ticket for going 70 in a 55 mph work zone in NC will the points go on my MD license?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christopher James Welch
    2. Matthew Vernon Silva
    3. James R. Anderson
    4. Christopher Coppola
    5. Mary Guy Mendini
    5 lawyer answers

    Yes....any points assigned or rather any conviction will be reported to your home State of MD. With a good record, I think most attorneys could get this citation amended to a non-moving violation. Every county or jurisdiction is different, and has their own policies, regarding reductions or amendments to citations.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. What is a reference bond

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. James R. Anderson
    2. Christopher James Welch
    2 lawyer answers

    Usually there are two types of bonds, secured and unsecured. A secured bond requires money or a bond (promise to pay) be posted by a bailbonds man. An unsecured bond is what most people call "signing yourself out" of jail. In such case, there is still a bond sum or amount but the person can sign a promise to pay said sum in order to get released from jail. If they don't appear in court, a civil judgment can be obtained against them.