Charles M. Aaron’s Answers

Charles M. Aaron

Martinsville Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Personal Injury-MVA--Is there any 'trigger' that would legally require an insurance company to pay out more than the policy

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    2. Tanya Marie Bachand
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Charles M. Aaron
    5. Christopher John Gansen
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    Ordinarily no. However if the insurance deals in BAD FAITH and you can prove it then you might have a case for excess coverage. If you were to have a case and you offer to settle within the policy limits and if you were to get a verdict in excess of the policy limits, then you might have a case for excess coverage as the Defendant would be liable for the excess. The Defendant might have a case against his insurance co. for bad faith for not settling the case within the policy limits. If he...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. If on felony probation and get violated how long am I in jail

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Wayne Lee Kim
    2. Charles M. Aaron
    3. Steven Paul Trialonas
    3 lawyer answers

    It will depend on whether you are on state or federal probation. Assuming it is state, it is within the discretion of the Judge as to how much time you may get that was suspended. It can be part of your time suspended up to all of your time.

  3. I was at fault in an accident, but the other party was speeding. Can he be penalized?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Benjamin Martin Andrews
    2. David Paul Morgan
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Josh P Tolin
    5. Jason Alexander Richman
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    From a personal injury perspective, you would probably be guilty of failing to yield the right of way, however if the other party was speeding then he may forfeit his right of way. You both would probably be negligent and the minor may proceed against both of you. It is his doubtful that the officer will at a later date issue a summons as he probably has closed his investigation. You could speak with the officer's superiors and see if they would get him to issue a summons. You could go to...