I'm an experienced trial lawyer and litigation attorney who focuses on Virginia workers' compensation, Social Security disability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, employment law, whistleblower law, and internet law nationwide.
I have first chair trial experience in a variety of litigation. Through aggressive trial strategies and measured settlement negotiation tactics, I have helped injured workers, employees, accident victims, and disabled persons recover recover millions of dollars in workers' compensation benefits, Social Security disability payments, and personal injury damages and compens
Here's what I do and what I've done:
• Represent clients before the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission, Social Security Administration (SSA), Virginia Employment Commission (VEC), and United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
• Represent clients in U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia and circuit courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Successfully resolved hundreds of administrative claims through hearings before administrative law judges (ALJs) and deputy commissioners, or by lump sum settlement.
• Extensive appellate experience (brief writing and oral argument) before the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission, Court of Appeals of Virginia, and the Virginia Supreme Court.
• Investigate and litigate medical malpractice claims involving missed diagnoses, misdiagnoses, deviation from the standard of care, and negligence by doctors, surgeons, nurses, and hospitals.
• Litigate wrongful death claims on behalf of family members whose loved ones were killed by the negligence of another.
• Investigate and litigate personal injury claims involving traumatic brain injuries, head injuries, tractor-trailer accidents, motor vehicle accidents, and airplane accidents.
•Work with health care providers and expert witnesses to develop and build claims.
• Represent employees in employment law, labor law, wage & hour, overtime, wrongful termination, FMLA violation, and discrimination lawsuits.
• Represent employees in whistleblower lawsuits, qui tam claims, and cases under the False Claims Act.
• Represented individuals, businesses, and corporations in defamation, libel, and slander actions nationwide.
• Mentored by internet law pioneer who authored the book Google Bomb.
Licensed since 2009
Hourly ($200-300/hour), Contingent (20-40%), Retainer (Sometimes)
Cash, Check, Credit Card
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
|VA||Authorized to practice law||2009||03/11/2014|
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Highest Grade in International Business Transactions||CALI||2008|
|Senior Counsel||Dozier Internet Law||2012 - 2012|
|Attorney||Jenkins, Block & Associates||2012 - Present|
|Attorney||Whitt & Del Bueno||2010 - 2012|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||N/A||2012 - Present|
|Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys||Member||2010 - 2012|
|CVS #00871/CVS of Virginia, Inc and GAB Robins North America, Inc. v. Darlene A. Brooks (Va. Ct. App. 2010)||N/A|
|Corey Pollard - Virginia Workers' Compensation & Disability Lawyer||Ten Steps You Can Take to Strengthen Your Virginia Workers' Compensation Case||N/A|
|Corey Pollard- Virginia Workers' Compensation & Disability Lawyer||Balance Billing is Not Allowed under the Virginia Workers' Compensation Act||N/A|
|University of Richmond School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||N/A|
|College of William and Mary||N/A||BA - Bachelor of Arts||N/A|