Skip to main content
Sean Patrick Roche

Sean Roche’s Answers

1 total

  • Libel committed in a civil lawsuit

    My ex spouse filed a civil lawsuit against a third party. In the documents submitted to court, for reasons which I still don't understand, numerous false statements were made about me and the third party. The statements were false, factual, specif...

    Sean’s Answer

    Where was the lawsuit filed (and was it filed in state or federal court)? If in Virginia, you and/or the third party may have recourse under Va. Code 8.01-271.1 or Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. You should consult with an attorney. These options should be pursued with caution and generally require bad faith or improper purpose.

    See question