Garrett Douglas Green’s Answers

Garrett Douglas Green

Fairfax Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. I am charged with Grand Larceny > $200 not from person. 1) What could be done to get the bargian plea of dismissal of the case?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Carly Anne Jehlen
    2. Garrett Douglas Green
    3. John Weber III
    3 lawyer answers

    Because this is a felony charge and not petit larceny, there is no guarantee or right to the diversion program, and getting the felony amended to a misdemeanor is subject to factors such as: how far in excess of the $200 misdemeanor limit was the value of what was allegedly taken; the perspective of the retail establishment on your pre and post arrest behavior; ANY prior criminal record. The particular prosecutor you draw has a fair amount of discretion in how he/she plea bargains. There are...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Is there any hope in getting a reduced charge or dismissal in fairfax county?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jon Kevin Wright
    2. Mark Westerfield
    3. Sandra Kay Drewniak
    4. Paul McGlone
    5. Garrett Douglas Green
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    There is always hope, but what you need is someone who regularly practices DUI law in Fairfax county. Immediately memorialize EVERYTHING you can recall about the incident in writing. Even minor details that are seemingly irrelevant can be make or break issues for your case, and your lawyer will appreciate having this information to prepare your defense. It boils down to whether the officer had the right to stop you, then the right to arrest you, and whether all procedures were properly...