Attorney Jeff Bowman is a partner at Gormley Jarashow Bowman LLC. He is a trial lawyer who concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, construction and real estate claims, estate and trust litigation, and general civil litigation. He tries cases in both federal and Maryland state courts, and represents clients in appeals, mediations, and arbitrations. Mr. Bowman also provides non-litigation advice for businesses.
- Represent a national company in enforcing restrictive covenants against former employees.
- Represent an out of state manufacturer in its defense of a breach of warranty claim seeking over $250,000.
- Represent 11 individuals related to the collapse of 26th Street in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Represent the spouse of an individual killed in a plane crash in Virginia.
- Represent a veterinarian in the purchase of a vet practice and property.
- Represent 50% member of a limited liability company in purchasing the remaining member’s interest in the limited liability company.
- Represent homeowners in a declaratory judgment regarding an easement to access property.
- Represent developer in a declaratory judgment regarding an easement across his property.
Mr. Bowman obtained his undergraduate degree from Brown University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Baltimore School of Law. For the past two years, Mr. Bowman was selected as a Maryland Super Lawyer in the area of Business Litigation. Mr. Bowman was listed as a Rising Star in Maryland Super Lawyers for 2103. Mr. Bowman is admitted to practice law in Maryland and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. He is a member of the Maryland State Bar Young Lawyers Association, the Litigation Section, and the Queen Anne’s County, Kent County and Anne Arundel County Bar Associations.
Licensed since 2007
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Super Lawyer||Maryland Super Lawyer||2015|
|Super Lawyer||Maryland Super Lawyers||2014|
|Leading Attorney||What's Up Annapolis?||2014|
|Rising Star||Maryland Super Lawyers||2013|
|Partner||Gormley Jarashow Bowman, LLC||2015 - Present|
|Partner||Baldwin Kagan & Gormley, LLC||2014 - 2015|
|Associate||Baldwin Kagan & Gormley, LLC||2008 - 2014|
|Judicial Law Clerk||Circuit Court For Queen Anne's County||2007 - 2008|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Young Lawyers Section||Chair, Legislative Committee||2014 - 2015|
|Young Lawyers Section||Chair - Strategic Planning Committee||2013 - 2014|
|Federal Bar Association||N/A||2012 - Present|
|Anne Arundel County Bar Association||N/A||2008 - Present|
|Maryland State Bar Association||Federal Bar Association Representative||2007 - Present|
|University of Baltimore School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2007|
|Brown University||History||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2004|