Brian Garrett Thompson’s Answers

Brian Garrett Thompson

Baltimore Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 1
  1. If u are turned down for a motion of modification After probation can u ask for a reconsideration of the motion

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Mark William Oakley
    2. William Lawrence Welch III
    3. Jason W Cleckner Esq.
    4. Brian Garrett Thompson
    5. Anthony Michael Solis
    5 lawyer answers

    A motion for modification must be filed within 90 days from the date the sentence in the case is imposed. I assume that what you want to request is that the guilty verdict be stricken and that probation before judgment be granted so that your son does not have to spend the rest of his life as a convicted felon. If that is what you are trying to accomplish, I would hire an attorney to file another motion to modify before the 90 day time limit runs which should be sometime in the first week of...

  2. Can I get a PBJ for a first time criminal offense while I am already on probation.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Lawrence Steven Greenberg
    2. William Lawrence Welch III
    3. Scott R. Scherr
    4. Jason W Cleckner Esq.
    5. Brian Garrett Thompson
    5 lawyer answers

    Yes, in fact more often than not the Assistant State's Attorney will not even review the traffic record of someone charged with a misdemeanor criminal case in the District Court. The real problem here is that the PBJ for the criminal charge can violate the traffic probation that you are currently on if that probation is for an incarcerable traffic offense such as DUI or Driving on a Supsended License.