Back to Maria’s Profile

Maria Fuster Glinsmann’s Answers

Maria has answered 392 questions

  • H1B visa related questions.

    Asked by a user in Rockville, MD - almost 5 years ago.

    All very good questions. 1. There is no way to accurately predict the last day to file for an H1B visa. All we can do is track usage which is reported by the USCIS weekly. The report indicates how...

    Selected as best answer

  • What can i do sponsor someone i met here US ?

    Asked by a user in Washington, DC - over 5 years ago.

    There are three different types of sponsorship: 1. Family sponsorship - if she is your wife, then you can sponsor her for residence; 2. Employment sponsorship - if she is your employee, then you...

    Selected as best answer

  • H1B expiration after 6 years and F1 COS approved and working on CPT

    Asked by a user in Hagerstown, MD - over 5 years ago.

    You will be able to file for a 7th year H1B once your Application for Labor Certification has been pending for 365 days. Separately, you can recapture either 1) time spent outside the US during...

  • Hi can h4 visa holder take divorce from USA or they have to file where their natives place where they done marriage?

    Asked by a user in Towson, MD - over 5 years ago.

    Since you currently reside in Maryland, you can file for divorce in Maryland, regardless of where you were married. If your husband is in another state, often it can lengthen the amount of time it...

  • Motion to reopen

    Asked by a user in Bowie, MD - over 4 years ago.

    If you are in removal proceedings, you'll have to be patient to file your Adjustment of Status before the Immigration Court. If you have reasons to expedite the merits of your case, then you can ask...

    Selected as best answer

  • We filed for an asylum on Nov 14 2009. We received work permit. We haven't heard anything after that. Should i write to USCIS?

    Asked by a user in Washington, DC - almost 5 years ago.

    It's important to keep in mind that the issuance of an Employment Authorization Document is an "interim benefit". If you made submitted sufficient initial evidence you were properly issued an...

    Selected as best answer

  • My status is Asylee and my I-94 states indefinite. How do l change my status now that am married to my wife who is a US citizen?

    Asked by a user in Laurel, MD - over 4 years ago.

    Based on the information you provided, you have two viable applications for permanent residence. The first one is to file and adjustment of status based on your approved asylee status. The second one...

    Selected as best answer

  • G4 grace period.

    Asked by a user in Gaithersburg, MD - almost 5 years ago.

    The answer depends on whether you are 1) changing to another non-immigrant status or 2) applying for adjustment of status. Changing status to another nonimmigrant status i.e. H1B worker, F1...

  • Can i travel to south america while on probation before judgement

    Asked by a user in Maryland - over 5 years ago.

    In addition to the answer already posted, the best advice for you is to position yourself for naturalization eligibility. The sooner you become a US citizen, the sooner you can be done worrying...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  • How can I keep My Fiance in The country?

    Asked by a user in Middle River, MD - over 4 years ago.

    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Here are some things to consider as you proceed in assisting your fiancee. First, ICE typically won't move on the detainer until the state charges are...