Mr. Harding served as an Assistant State's Attorney for Prince George's County from 1984 until 1991. As a senior trial attorney in the homicide unit he handled many of the County's high visibility cases. The Prince Georges Journal marked Mr. Harding's move to private practice with a front page article entitled 'Tough prosecutor crosses aisle." He has since been honored a Super Lawyer. This honor is limited to no more than 5% of Maryland lawyers. He is also rated as Superb by AVVO an attorney rating service. This is the highest rating issued by AVVO. He has been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell for many years, their highest rating. Mr. Harding continues to handle high profile criminal cases and major accident cases. Some of his more noteworthy cases include:
*St v Wooten obtained a dismissal in an armed robbery case.
*St v Jones- obtained an acquittal before a jury in a serious shooting case.
*St v Johnson- obtained a dismissal in a carjacking drive by shooting.
*St v Jones- obtained an acquittal large quantity narcotics case.
*St v Eubanks-obtained an acquittal before a jury in a murder case. Mr. Eubanks was later sued by the family of the decedent for civil wrongful death and Mr. Harding won that case before a different jury.
*St v Massey- obtained a dismissal in an arson case.
*St v Melton obtained a dismissal in a drug recognition/DUI case.
*Maxwell v Watkins Nurseries- obtained a judgment for wrongful death of $800,000.00 for his client.
Mr. Harding has obtained countless acquittals in DWI and MVA cases.
Mr. Harding developed superior trial skills as a prosecutor in Prince George's County. Some of his high profile cases that garnered media coverage include:
* The 1987 trial of Brian Tribble accused of supplying the cocaine that killed University of Maryland basketball star Len Bias. Mr. Harding was featured in the movie Without Bias and on ESPN.
* The 1988 conviction of a former Washington police officer Thurlow K. Norris for auto theft. The four week criminal trial was the longest ever in the county.
* The 1989 conviction of Steven L. Steward, alleged drug ring enforcer, for killing a crack dealer during a robbery.
* The 1990 conviction of Arthur R. Miles and Ronald H. Jeter for murdering and robbing a pizza deliveryman in Largo, Maryland.
* The 1991 manslaughter conviction of Bobby R. Stanbury, an abused son, for killing his father.
* The 1991 conviction of Daniel T. Brashear for the tape recorded killing of his girlfriend.
* The first conviction in Prince George's county of a husband for raping his wife. Ralph J. Carbaugh Jr.'s 1991 conviction also became the second conviction of a husband for rape in the state of Maryland.
Licensed since 1985
Contingent (33%), Fixed (Sometimes)
Cash, Check, Credit Card
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Super Lawyer||Maryland Super Lawyers||2013|
|Top 100 Super Lawyer||Super Lawyers||2010|
|Super Lawyer||Super Lawyers||2009|
|Staff Writer, Law Journal||California Western School of Law||1983|
|National Trial Team||California Western School of Law||1983|
|Faculty Award, Appellate Advocacy||California Western School of Law||1983|
|Editor, Law Journal||California School of Law||1983|
|Cum Laude||Shenandoah College||1981|
|Barclay History Award (Highest GPA||Shenadoah College||1981|
|Partner||Sasscer, Clagett and Bucher||1991 - Present|
|Senior Trial Attorney, Homicide||State's Attorney's Office for Prince George's County||1985 - 1991|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|PGCBA||Judical Selection Committee||2010 - Present|
|Prince George's County Bar Association||Board of Directors||2009 - Present|
|Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit||Admitted||1986 - Present|
|US District Court (Maryland)||Admitted||1986 - Present|
|US Court of Military Appeals||Admitted||1986 - Present|
|Maryland State Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|California Western School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1984|
|Shenandoah Conservatory of Music||Mathematics & History||BS - Bachelor of Science||1981|
|State's Attorney Training||Opening/Closing Arument||1994|
|State's Attorney Conference||DUI||1986|
|Police/prosecutors||Seach and seizure||1986|