Skip to main content
Benjamin N. Griffitts

Benjamin Griffitts’s Answers

2 total

  • Rear end collision

    I was driving back to my home when I stopped at a stop light behind other cars. I looked in the rear view and saw the vehicle coming very fast behind me, then rear ended me. It hit so hard, it pushed my car up and the front of my vehicle hit the r...

    Benjamin’s Answer

    First, there is the possibility of multiple points of fault. It is not uncommon to determine that the driver who initiated a "chain reaction" type of collision to be primarily at fault; however, other vehicles in the chain who ended up striking other vehicles may also face liability for the damage caused to the vehicle he or she struck. It is important to speak with a local Virginia attorney who has experience in personal injury or property damage law before giving statements to insurance companies or to law enforcement.

    See question 
  • Looking for sample sentence modification reduction letter for a criminal case

    need a sample sentence modification reduction letter for a criminal case

    Benjamin’s Answer

    What you appear to be requesting is a form for a motion for reconsideration. You are more then welcome to contact an attorney for a consultation and seek more specific advice on how your jurisdiction handles such motions. For example, in Prince William County, a motion is submitted to Judge's Chambers and the judge will have the individual who filed the motion contacted if the judge wishes to hear oral argument on the motion.

    That being said, as another attorney stated, if the individual whose sentences is seeking to be reduced has been transferred from a local or regional jail to the Department of Corrections, the sentencing judge has lost his or her jurisdiction and no modification can be sought.

    See question