Andrew J. Bellwoar’s Answers

Andrew J. Bellwoar

Chester Springs Commercial Real Estate Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. I am co-owner of a home and i have not lived in the home for over a year.The person who lives in the home refuses to sell.

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Andrew J. Bellwoar
    2. Jay G. Fischer
    2 lawyer answers

    Refusal to sell: a co-owner has the right to go to court to ask for an order requiring the sale of the property. Items in the house: if you own the items in the house, and are on the deed, go to the local police department and ask for assistance in removing your items peacefully. Credit is suffering: presumably your credit is suffering because you signed the loan documents and the loan(s) are in default (failure to pay); all the more reason to get into court ASAP to have the house sold!

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can i force the removal of a neighbors sandmound from my property in pa.?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. John Edwin Daniel Larkin
    2. Andrew J. Bellwoar
    2 lawyer answers

    A sandmound is usually associated with an on-lot sewer system. Assuming that is the case with your situation, the first question is how did it come to be on YOUR property. At the time you purchased the property, you may have obtained a title search--review that for any mention of the sandmound (or, more likely, an easement to allow for the sandmound). If there is nothing of record (i.e., filed with the County Recorder of Deeds), then there is no formal permission regarding the sandmound for...