Duie concentrates his practice in business transactions and corporate governance for family and other privately held businesses. He also represents clients in the lease, purchase and sale of real estate. His practice spans the business life cycle, from initial business planning and the formation of corporations, LLCs, partnerships and other entities, to business acquisitions, mergers, workouts and windups. Duie also provides general corporate representation in day-to-day business matters such as contract preparation and review. He frequently advises clients regarding shareholder, buy/sell and other owner agreements, lending arrangements and finance, construction contracts, employment and non-compete agreements and other business matters. Duie also works closely with individuals on a wide variety of estate and wealth transfer planning, and with non-profit organizations in their formation, governance and in obtaining federal and state tax exemptions.
· Represented a startup pharmaceutical company with entity selection issues, incorporation, tax planning and preparation of shareholder, buy/sell and employment agreements.
· Implemented a plan to streamline a group of family-owned business holdings to achieve a more efficient governance structure and intergenerational succession goals, including through stock purchase, buy/sell and partnership agreements and employment agreements for family business owners.
· Represented owners in the creation and sale of condominium units for an industrial property.
· Represented a client in the acquistion of a stand-alone restaurant site, including the preparation and negotiation of purchase agreements, conducting due diligence, and obtaining the necessary financing and licenses.
· Represented a nonprofit corporation with its construction project, including negotiating agreements with developers, contractors, lenders, engineers and architects.
About Us Terms Full site Sign in
© Avvo Inc. 2013