Jeffrey Alan Franklin’s Answers

Jeffrey Alan Franklin

Harrisburg Energy / Utilities Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. I have been billed for my boyfriends bill by consumers energy

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Dani K. Liblang
    2. David B. Carter Jr.
    3. Jeffrey Alan Franklin
    3 lawyer answers

    I suggest you contact the utility company first. If you are not able to resolve it with the utility company, then I suggest contacting the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC).,1607,7-159-16368_42136_42137---,00.html describes how a customer files a utility complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission. The MPSC’s Service Quality staff can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 800-292-9555. MPSC staff can explain the...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. ID state law regarding public utilities, reading and recording power meter

    Answered almost 6 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey Alan Franklin
    1 lawyer answer

    While such matters are controlled by state and local law, in general a utility follows its tariff (written rules) with respect to meter readings and how and under what circumstances a customer's meter reading is utilized. Typically, a customer can read their own meter, but the utility will use the meter reading required under their tariff. Thus, the utility determines what meter reading is used in accordance with its rules. The Idaho Public Utilities Commission (

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Can a person legally possess a utility bill that is in another person's name?

    Answered 2 months ago.

    1. Jeffrey Alan Franklin
    1 lawyer answer

    I am not licensed in Ohio and am not giving legal advice. I would ask the utility for a copy of a prior bill to show to the credit company.