Kelli Brownewell Statt’s Answers

Kelli Brownewell Statt

Lemoyne Juvenile Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Me and my brother got into an argument and the cops were called. we were both charged for disorderly conduct.

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Kelli Brownewell Statt
    1 lawyer answer

    You could have your attorney suggest that this was simply family argument, no one got hurt, and maybe withdrawing the charges upon completion of 120 hours of community service and anger management courses. Or, if you don't want to do all that, you could ask the it be reduced to a summary disorderly conduct if its currently a misdemeanor.

  2. My sons bio dad is in prison. He is a registered sex offender. He is also a drug addict. Can I take him to court to get custody

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Bruce Clement
    2. Frances Turean
    3. Kelli Brownewell Statt
    3 lawyer answers

    You could file for full custody... for obvious reasons. Then look into getting his parental rights terminated.

  3. Ex-Girlfriend Was Raped and Given Herpes - How Likely is a Successful Trial?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Gregory Philip Bowes
    2. Kelli Brownewell Statt
    2 lawyer answers

    I can't really say what will happen with the rape charge but your description of your girlfriend and the rapist should be obvious to a jury. As for you interfering, that would be a criminal charge of intimidation of a victim or witness, which could get both you and your girlfriend in trouble.

  4. Public Defender vs Criminal Defense Atty for hire?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.
    2. Troy Austin Pickard
    3. Kelli Brownewell Statt
    4. Lauren Jennifer Cutuly Campoli
    4 lawyer answers

    Would you qualify for a public defender? Your lawyer is obviously doing thing on your behalf, but not meeting before the hearing is a little unprofessional. You could just see what a PD would say.

  5. Can I file statutory rape against my exboyfriend

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Edna Carroll Straus
    2. Scott Douglas Jordan
    3. Kelli Brownewell Statt
    3 lawyer answers

    If the age of statutory rape in your state includes the age of 16, then yes you can; some states cut the age off at 15 and thereby 16 & 17 year olds can consent to a sexual relationship.