Thomas Dominick Berret’s Answers

Thomas Dominick Berret

Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Out of this accident, can I have the guy's insurance pay towards a new vehicle? Or do I have a case against Dodge?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Jonathan Seth Corchnoy
    3. Jonathan David Marx
    4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez
    5. Thomas Dominick Berret
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    As others have indicated, you should speak to a personal injury attorney. You and your children have negligence claims against the driver that rear-ended you. Whether or not you can make a recovery for any injuries will depend on a number of factors, including the tort option that covers you and your children. The wrongdoer's insurer should make an offer for the value of your car, and with a newer car such as yours, you could have a problem if the wrongdoer has limited property damage...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. The third party auto insurance company lied to me? Can I sue them?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Michael R Crosner
    3. Giacomo Jacques Behar
    4. Thomas Dominick Berret
    4 lawyer answers

    First, you should contact an attorney with experience in motor vehicle claims. If your insurer paid for your repairs, they should recover your deductible for you from the other insurer, either through agreement or arbitration. Generally, one does not have a direct cause of action against the wrongdoer's insurer, and your lawsuit would be filed against the other driver. If you have suffered any damages or injuries other than the property damage, you need to be careful before you file a...