My practice encompasses aspects of employee pension and welfare benefits, executive compensation, employment law, estate planning, corporate law and taxation. My broad range of experience includes:
• ERISA compliance and employee benefits issues, including work with defined benefit, defined contribution and cafeteria plan
• Preparation and submission of various correction program applications through Internal Revenue Service (EPCRS) and Department of Labor (VFCP) correction program
• Sale or acquisition of closely held business interest
• Handling investigations by the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor for a variety of qualified plan and tax issue
• Business structure planning
• Review and preparation of various employment-related documents, including employee handbooks, employment agreements and non-competition agreement
• Deferred compensation planning and Internal Revenue Code Section 409A compliance
I also has experience working with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau obtaining various permits and approvals relating to wine importation from South America and Europe. I have assisted clients in obtaining federal import and wholesale permits, certificates of approval for wine labels, and ensuring that state and local importation requirements are met.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
I serve on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh. In addition to serving actively as a big brother, I co-chair the organization’s most significant annual fundraising event, Bowl For Kids' Sake.
Licensed since 2006
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Estate Planning||University of Pittsburgh School of Law||2006|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh||Board of Directors||2009 - Present|
|Allegheny County Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Pennsylvania Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Pittsburgh Post-Gazette||New COBRA Rules Will Cover Small Business||2009|
|TechBurger blog — Pittsburgh Technology Council||Pennsylvania Mini-Cobra: What Small Employers Need to Know||2009|
|POA Keystoner||Final 409A Regulations||2009|
|University of Pittsburgh School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2006|
|University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh||Philosophy and Business||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2003|