Adam C. Eggleston’s Answers

Adam C. Eggleston

Albany DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. How much jail time will I do for an unpaid fine ($500) for a DUI?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Adam C. Eggleston
    2. Christopher Irvin Simser
    3. Michael J Palumbo
    4. Eric Edward Rothstein
    5. Kendall Lance Horween
    5 lawyer answers

    As there is currently a warrant for your arrest, I suggest that you contact the court to find out when the next court session is held and appear with an attorney to surrender on the warrant at that time. Otherwise, if you have any contact with police they may hold you in custody on that warrant. Ideally you would pay any fines and surcharges owed at that time or, in the alternative, explain the circumstances as to why payment was not made and request an extension to do so. As said above, the...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. My husband is up for a Merit Parole Hearing in 3 weeks! He's been in reception for 2 mo for shock can he get out ?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Stephen C. Cooper
    2. Richard C. Southard
    3. Adam C. Eggleston
    3 lawyer answers

    As Mr. Southard said, more information is needed to provide an fair assessment of your husband's chances of being granted parole. The charge(s) that he was convicted of and the circumstances surrounding those charges, what he was sentenced to and how much of that time has been served would be a starting point. Speaking with the attorney that handled his case or another attorney familiar with the facts would likely be helpful.

  3. On 3 yr probation PO has been telling me i will be ok to get off at the halfway point early release from misdermener probation

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Eric Edward Rothstein
    2. Stephen C. Cooper
    3. Adam C. Eggleston
    3 lawyer answers

    Given that you were sentenced to a 3 year term of probation, then any early termination is at the probation department's discretion -- even if they had previously indicated to you that they planned to terminate probation prior to the full term. If you plan to make a motion to the court for early term, I would suggest consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney in the area prior to doing so.