Mary La Manna Ulrich’s Answers

Mary La Manna Ulrich

Merrick Elder Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Execution of Estate and care for my elderly mother

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Mary La Manna Ulrich
    1 lawyer answer

    The short answer is that unless your father had the ability to appoint someone to care for your mother, or she had executed a power of attorney and healthcare proxy appointing your sister to act for her, your brother, cannot, merely because he is the executor of your father's estate, appoint anyone to act for your mother. So the question is: what do you mean by "in charge of [your] mother's care?" do you mean that your father was formally appointed guardian for your mother, or that he was...

  2. Where do I go for deeds and Properties I co-own with my llc partner?

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Mary La Manna Ulrich
    2. Matthew David Stern
    2 lawyer answers

    I am not sure I understand your question, but you can do a search by either owner name (i.e. name of LLC) or property address at the office of the Nassau County Clerk at 242 Old Country Road in Mineola. you do not need to bring anything. As for your question of whether it is important to change, you may want to speak about your specific situation with your divorce attorney, if any, as you want to make sure you are not committing a fraudulent conveyance.