Based on 3 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
He represented us for the closing and provided title insurance.
1) Very unprofessional, contracts were scratched.
2) I sent commitment encrypted, and I figured out they never opened because I sent the wrong file by accident and nobody complained.
3) When asking questions, during the process, I had to send 10 e-mails to get and poor unclear answers to my questions.
4) They send all our private information by e-mail unencrypted.
5) A business day before closing it seems to me that they did not have the documents ready. Late Friday, approximately 3 pm), the lenders were asking me to tell the lawyer to send the HUD because closing was Monday.
6) Sellers were unhappy to be contacted at the last moment and because of not having their things removed yet they asked for additional time to close. I could not afford that, and my lawyer instead of defended me he said, the sellers have the right to do so. Even if my husband with kids traveled to NY to sign the contract and we paid 10% down payment at contract signing weeks before closing.
Joe Carofano did an OUTSTANDING job on my closing.He kept me from being stuck with a illegal basement on the house I bought.He discovered the basement wasn't on the certificate of occupancy.The seller had to make it legal,sparing me grief if I decide to sell later on. He also charged a low fee,really looked out for me & returned my calls promptly.A great guy & a wonderful lawyer.I recommend him HIGHLY! S.P.
Joe Carafano did an outstanding job on my purchase of a house.He discovered that the basement was not on the certificate of occupancy & made sure the seller "legalized" it.This saved me from dealing with it if I sold my house.He also charged a very low fee .He actually was responsive,returned calls & really knew hiss stuff!
I recommend him highly.