I am from Singapore, currently working in Houston for one and half year with L1B visa, interesting to get the green card.
You should speak to your employer.
They would be required to file a PERM petition, then I-140 and then the I-485 (Adjustment of Status).
This is a very simplified overview.
If you want more details you should consult with an immigration attorney.See question
My H1 transfer was applied on Apr 11 2013..Its still shows initial review status in USCIS. How long will it take for processing?
Regular processing can take up to 9 months or more.
You can convert to Premium Processing. Speak to the employer and attorney about this option.See question
I am entering US on K-1 visa. And we plan to get married immediately in the court. It takes 3 weeks to get a certified marriage certificate after marriage license is returned to the court. Can I apply for Green card before getting a copy of certi...
It would be best to wait the 3 weeks to get the marriage certificate. USCIS will issue an RFE requesting the marriage certificate, which will in turn delay the processing of your Employment Authorization and Advance Parole. Then after you provide the response, USCIS still has 90 days from that date to process the petitions.
So, in actuality waiting the three weeks would be your best option.See question
What needs to be done and will we be separated for a period of time?
The US Citizen will petition for his "alien relative" - spouse.
Yes, you will be separated for the processing of the Immigrant Visa. It can take up to 10 months to process.
You should consider hiring an attorney, whether myself of a colleague to prepare and file your petition.See question
He has not received a notice from Immigration Court yet, but on the ICE papers it says "In Removal Proceedings under section 240 of the Immigration and Nationality Act." If he files the EOIR42b, he can get a work permit, but I don't know if he is ...
I agree with my colleague, Daniel. You should have a consultation with an attorney to help your father.See question
I came I'm America in this year with work and travel program with J1. Well my grace periode is done on 20th of October like this I supposed to be in my country 10 days ago. If I get back there these days am I going to be banned for next three year...
Your overstay of 40-50 days should not impact your ability to return to the US.
You should leave right away.See question
My husbands immigration case has a deportation order since 2006, and a felony from the federal court, which has been settled since 2002 with finished probation. But this order on the immigration case has but a real big burden on our lives and we ...
I agree with my colleagues, the best thing you can do is have a consultation with an immigration attorney. Make sure that you provide them will all the immigration and criminal documents for them to better determine if he is eligible to stay/return to the US.
Many attorneys will give you a free initial consultation. You can also get referrals from www.aila.orgSee question
Currently i have 5.1 years exp with company B, If my employer is going to start my GC in EB3 by year end, 1. Is it possible to change to EB2 in future may be due to promotion/duties? OR 2. Can i use the EB3 initial steps to Company C in future fo...
1. You cannot change the EB-3 case to EB2 in the future. After your EB-3 PERM and I-140 are approved, it is possible to file a new PERM and I-140 in the EB-2 category. Ideally the employee should have completed the minimum years of work experience for the EB-2 position before starting work with current employer.
You need to speak to your employer. Whether a case is filed as EB-2 / EB-3 is determined by the employer's requirements for the position, not by what you would prefer.See question
was paid and sent to them. what we are waiting for is the letter for her interview appt. Last week, I just got fired from my job. My question is can I file for unemployment? I am worried that the petition process will be denied because of my job l...
Unemployment benefits can be counted as income for the I-864.
If you do not find another job before the interview, then make sure that you send a new I-864 with proof of your unemployment income and other assets you need.
Hopefully, you earn enough, if not, you should consider finding a co-sponsor now.See question
My H1-B recapture extension just came back 2 days ago denied,So basically,I am out of status. What can I do to buy some time to wrap up my affairs to return to my country,We got the denial,requesting that we leave the country immediately,but,i...
I agree with my colleagues, you need to make sure that you leave the US before you reach 180 days out-of-status.
Since the case is denied, there is nothing you can do to be in legal status while you prepare to leave the US.See question