Skip to main content
Ivan Raevski

Ivan Raevski’s Answers

460 total

  • I have a 43 year old neighbor harassing my 16 15 year old daughter he just got arrested for cigarette smuggling and he is trying

    he follows them he pulls at his private at them he stares and licks his lips at them

    Ivan’s Answer

    Call your local police department, I am sure they will have a conversation with him. Sounds like a criminal matter.

    See question 
  • My ex-wife filled for Divorce and Child support and I was never informed, served. Now i have 70K in back child support.

    I was never served with any documents to appear in court. All documents in the filings where based in fraud, a violation of my due process rights, fraud on the court. The judge who allowed this to happen as since retired. What can I do?

    Ivan’s Answer

    As other counsel has previously pointed out, you should meet with a divorce attorney who practices in the area to discuss your case.
    You would need to file a motion to re-open the case and have the child support reconsidered. There are many factors here and I could give you an opinion regarding your case only after I have reviewed all the paperwork in your case.
    This is not something you would be able to do by yourself. Get an attorney as soon as you can.

    Many attorneys in the area, including myself offer free consultations and flexible payment plans

    See question 
  • Recieved in mail a summons to appear at cjp court

    About 2 years ago i worked for a retail store, i was questioned by store loss prevention about missing product, i never signed anything and was sent home until i hear from them. i never heard anything, well 2 years later i recieve this summons in ...

    Ivan’s Answer

    If you hire an attorney, he/she will easily get the case adjourned for you. You can also call the court to adjourn it.
    These could be serious charges, at least consult with an attorney.
    Most attorneys including myself offer free consultations and flexible payment plans

    See question 
  • I have a summary judgement against me for 20,000. Can the collection attorneys sell my house if i cannot pay?

    Credit Card debt from 5 years ago and was sued by a famous group in NJ that play hardball. 2 years ago they offer to settle for $5,000. I offered to pay it monthly and never hear from them and then a Summary Judgement. I'm going to contact them ag...

    Ivan’s Answer

    You should consult with a bankruptcy attorney. You may very well still qualify for bankruptcy even with equity in the house. There is always ch 13 even if you have a lot of equity.
    There are other possibilities as well. It is not likely that they can force a sale of the house. However they will record a lien against the property.
    You need a bankruptcy attorney who works closely with a real estate professional. Most, including myself offer free consultations and flexible payment plans

    See question 
  • NJ medical malpractice contingency rate?

    In NJ, most lawyers take medical malpractice case on contingency basis. I know there is a limit on contingency rate in NJ, such as 1/3 for the first 0.5 million and 30% for the second 0.5 million. But is the contingency rate negotiable? What is th...

    Ivan’s Answer

    most lawyers charge 1/3 contingency fees. there are some who charge 29 and even 27 percent in some instances. I have not seen any lower numbers

    See question 
  • I currently live in kentucky but have a warrant in nj for simple assault

    I was going to family court not knowing I had to also go to court in the municipality also not receiving any notice. How can I take care of this from kentucky

    Ivan’s Answer

    A couple of ways..You could come to NJ, pay the bail (if any) and have the court schedule another court date for the simple assault. After that you would have to attend court in 2-4 weeks to work out a plea agreement with the prosecutor or go to trial. If you plan to go to trial, the case will likely be rescheduled.
    Or you could hire an attorney to resolve this matter for you. The court may demand for you to be physically present but most of the time they will allow you to enter a written plea through your attorney.
    If the person you have allegedly assaulted does not show up at the first hearing, the case will be rescheduled. If he/she does not show up at the 2nd hearing, the court will likely dismiss the case.
    If the person does show up, in most circumstances an attorney would be able to work out a plea agreement with the prosecutor.

    See question 
  • I want to file a cross motion to a "Notice of Motion to Emancipate" Docket # FM-12-1442-00 what form should I use.

    I need an attorney but cant afford one. Court said because its civil action they can not appoint one. I need an attorney for advise and I am willing to pay what I can. I am trying to file "cross motion" & "respond to motion" for the FM-12-144...

    Ivan’s Answer

    If you are just responding to the original motion, in other words opposing the emancipation, you don't need to file a cross motion. If you are asking for some other relief, such as back child support or college payments, then you need to file a cross motion.

    Cross motion would have the same format as a regular motion with the addition of argument opposing the original motion. A response would just contains the arguments against emancipation and whatever else was argued in the original motion.

    There is a reduced fee lawyer referral program in Middlesex County. I am a member of this program. Attorneys provide services at a reduced fee for people who qualify based on their income. The program cost of child support actions such as yours is approximately $500, much lower than the usual $1200-1500 charged for this service by local attorneys.

    See question 
  • I was charge for2c:20-7 the charge say amended 3is that a felony

    Please need the answer I want to another country

    Ivan’s Answer

    Depends on the amount of property involved. Could be anywhere from 2nd degree crime to DP offense.

    Second Degree: Value of goods $75,000.00 or more
    Third Degree: Value of goods between $500.00 and $75,000.00
    Fourth Degree: Value of goods between $200.00 and $500.00
    Disorderly Persons Offense: Value of goods less than $200.00

    NJ does not have felonies and misdemeanors like other states, our system qualifies it a "crime" or a violation depending on the severity of the transgression. Anything 3rd degree and above is a "crime" and would be considered a felony in other states

    See question 
  • "I am illegal in USA, but I am married with US citizen person. I have a deportation case open and now I want to divorce .

    With my rights like a wife? How may I do it if I have no documents?

    Ivan’s Answer

    You don't have to be legal to get divorced. You just need to be a NJ resident for a year or more to file for divorce in NJ. The family court does not care about your immigration status.
    However getting divorced may effect your chances of getting documents and stopping deportation. You should consult an attorney familiar with both family and immigration law.

    See question 
  • I have a 2003 judgment against me for $14,000 and I have other debt also so will filing bankruptcy get rid of judgement

    The judgment is for $14,000 from 2003 and other credit card bills I have equal another $7,000 I believe I might also have other judgments against me for those credit cards as well i also have hospital bills about $18,000 i just received a letter s...

    Ivan’s Answer

    yes bankruptcy will wipe out the judgments and most other debts (excluding child support, alimony, student loans, and some taxes). If there is a judicial lien against your property, that can be avoided as well as part of your bankruptcy proceeding.

    As soon as you file for bankruptcy, the creditors will no longer be able to collect on the outstanding accounts so any new bank account would be safe.

    You should meet with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options. Many attorneys, including myself offer free, no obligation consultations and flexible payment plans.

    See question