The firm’s founding member, Kelly Berton Rocco was admitted to practice law in New Jersey in 1988. She earned her J.D. cum laude from Pace University in 1988 and her B.A. from William Paterson College of New Jersey in 1984. She was awarded a Merit Scholarship from Pace University for 1985-1987. In 1986, Kelly received the Joseph and Minnie Greenspan Criminal Law Award.
Kelly’s practice is devoted to all areas of family law with a special focus on divorce, domestic violence, and father’s rights.
She has handled a wide variety of cases over the course of the past 27 years and served as an Alternate Prosecutor in Bergenfield and Moonachie. Her previous legal experience includes practicing at Tompkins, McGuire & Wachenfeld and Fischer, Kagan & Zarestsky.
Kelly is a member of the:
- Women Lawyers in Bergen
- Bergen County Bar Association, Family Law section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law section
- American Bar Association
She is an active participant in her local and legal communities. Her community positions and awards include the following:
- Mandatory Early Settlement Panel Member, Bergen County, 2006-2012
- Trustee, Board of Trustees, Shelter Our Sisters, 2005-2009
- Certificate of Commendation for Outstanding Service to Victims of Domestic Violence, Bergen County Board of Chosen Freeholders, 2000-2014
- Bergen County Department of Human Services, Outstanding Service to Victims of Domestic Violence, 2000-2014
- Member: Domestic Violence Working Group Committee, 2006-2015
- Humanitarian Award in 2010 – Shelter Our Sisters
She was an instructor for the Skills and Methods Course, a spring 2006 seminar on family law practices. Kelly has been a panel instructor for volunteer training on legal issues at Shelter our Sisters since 2006. She has been a volunteer attorney for the Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Project Alternatives to Domestic Violence since 1993 and has also volunteered for the Women’s Rights Center.