Michael Noriega’s Answers

Michael Noriega

Scotch Plains Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. How much of a reduction will a hearing officer usually impose at a oppotunity hearing at njmvc for an administrative suspension

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. James Alexander Abate
    2. Mark M Cheser
    3. Michael Noriega
    4. Dean P Murray
    5. Michael J Palumbo
    5 lawyer answers

    Every case is different and dependent on its particular facts and circumstances, however, there is often the opportunity to receive a reduction at an administrative hearing for the MVC. I would need to know more information about your particular case to know whether there would be a strong enough basis to reduce the suspension.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship? I-130

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Mark Robert Barr
    2. Katja Anneli Charlotta Hedding
    3. Michael Noriega
    4. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky
    5. Suzan deSeguin-Hons
    5 lawyer answers

    The instructions are very helpful in providing you with examples of the kind of evidence you will need. However, evidence such as photos of you both together sharing various events, affidavits from friends and family attesting to your relationship, evidence from or leading up to your wedding are all helpful. Consider seeking the advice of experienced counsel before submitting your application.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. My brother in law was arrested in NJ for fugitive from justice from Delaware. What would be possible sentences for him?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Eric M. Mark
    2. Dennis S Cleary
    3. Michael Noriega
    3 lawyer answers

    The charges in this case appear particularly serious and as the other posts described, your brother should have proper representation in both states. The reason your brother should sit with a lawyer immediately is that the extradition process, a probation violation in NJ and a pending charge in Delaware all carry significant penalties and these decisions should be made in consideration of how each choice will effect what occurs with the other cases. Therefore, he needs to consult with counsel...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. WHAT MEANS: your name was updated relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Alexander Joseph Segal
    2. Harry Asatrian
    3. Michael Noriega
    4. Francisco Fraerly Symphorien-Saavedra
    4 lawyer answers

    If the relationship is between your brother and his son, it could simply mean that USCIS has reached another stage of review and has updated (or proceeded past) another part of the process. Don't panic yet. If there is any problem, your brother will receive a form requesting additional information.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  5. I have been wrongly indicted of a assault crime. Can I appeal a indictment or do I have to go to trial?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. James H Maynard
    2. Robert F. Black Jr.
    3. Benjamin G Kelsen
    4. Christopher Daniel Leroi
    5. James P Brady
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    As the other attorneys have mentioned, this is a very serious charge and you should proceed very carefully, and only with the advice of experienced counsel. A full review of your case is necessary to determine how best to attack the State's case and the indictment. However, a motion to dismiss the indictment is possible short of going to trial, but as others have mentioned, they are rarely granted.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer