Andrew F Cotrupi’s Answers

Andrew F Cotrupi

Hampton DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. My wife threw away evidence from her 33 year old son what can happen?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Andrew F Cotrupi
    1 lawyer answer

    It is a class "B" feloney to destroy evidence or make it more difficult for the police to find or use. It carrries a possible sentence of 3.5-7 years in the state prison, although that sentence is unlikely on the facts you present, it is possible. One thing the police must prove is that she knew the items were evidence of a crime. It is common police tactic to use threats against the family to get a defendant to speak, it is also legal if the police have a good faith basis to believe they...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful


    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Richard Timothy Jones
    2. Andrew F Cotrupi
    2 lawyer answers

    You should contact a local DWI attorney. In every state an element the state must prove is operation. Naturally this means driving the car which, based on your facts it is unlikely something that can be proven. Most state's also add "actual physical control" to the definition of operation to include sleeping in a running car, sitting in your car with it running to stay warm etc. In NH you can even be convicted on being in the passenger seat of a non operating car if the state can prove you...

  3. Got a DUI should i fight it?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Craig S Orent
    2. David Michael Cantor
    3. Andrew F Cotrupi
    3 lawyer answers

    At a minimum you should consult with a local criminal defense attorney. Some are free or charge a low fee for a consultation. you have answered your own question when you note that your whole future is in jeopardy if you are convicted. Although your facts do not sound great you do not know that until you speak to somebody who spends their living challenging dwi cases.