Lynn M. Isaman’s Answers

Lynn M. Isaman

Lowell Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Is there any course of action I can take to try and get the judge to change the terms of the decree re: net proceeds?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Joshua N Robbins
    2. Anton R. Reinert
    3. Lynn M. Isaman
    4. Robert Winford Carpenter
    5. Henry Lebensbaum
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Depending on the specific terms of either your separation agreement or the judgment, you may be able to file a complaint for modification, but you will have to show a material and substantial change in circumstances from the date of the decree. I recommend contacting an experienced family law attorney who can review the judgment and the details of your finances.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Does a non custodial parent lose visitation rights if they moved out of state without getting the visitation order modified

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Brynn Sullivan Zawada
    2. Lynn M. Isaman
    3. Robert Winford Carpenter
    3 lawyer answers

    I agree with Attorney Zawada that the mother may not automatically lose her visitation rights. Absent any modification of the visitation order, any visitation rights she does have must comply with the terms of the current order. It may be wise to file a complaint for modification to address the mother's move out of state.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful