Andrea Jill Goldman’s Answers

Andrea Jill Goldman

Andover Construction / Development Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. My Company established in Florida was sue by a distributor in Massachusetts for unpaid invoice.

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey K. Varszegi
    2. Henry Lebensbaum
    3. Michael B Feinman
    4. Andrea Jill Goldman
    4 lawyer answers

    As my other colleagues said, you do have to respond to the lawsuit, or you will be defaulted and the company may obtain a judgment against you. If you are not incorporated, you may not want to respond if you have a homestead on your home and have no other assets, but I would suggest you speak to an attorney before making that decision.

  2. Can I bring a small claims suit against two people that are refusing to pay their share of a limo ride under CA civil procedure

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Joshua M King
    2. Andrea Jill Goldman
    2 lawyer answers

    It sounds as though you did not have an enforceable agreement, because you did not have a "meeting of the minds." I would ask the limo company if they have the slips from the other parties. If they don't even have those, I would probably give up my claim. For the small fee of filing in small claims court, it might be worth it to get them all in a room with you to try to work things out.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Kitchen cabinet fell off wall

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Andrea Jill Goldman
    1 lawyer answer

    Your question is actually difficult to answer because the answer is very state-specific. When were the cabinets installed? Was it at the time the house was built? Who installed them? The builder? Were they there when you bought your house? In MA, there is a Home Improvement Contractor Statute that might apply to this situation. Call your local consumer affairs office and look at your state's website to see if they have any regulations regarding home improvement. For new construction we...

  4. Tenants in common dispute

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Andrea Jill Goldman
    1 lawyer answer

    I am not familar with PA law, but I would suggest mediation. It is not worth destroying family relationships to start suing your relatives. If that does not work, you might move to partition the property and then sell your share.

  5. As landlords we did not bank our tenants security deposite, the tenant is being evicted due to non payment of rent .

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Andrea Jill Goldman
    1 lawyer answer

    Massachusetts law is very strict about the requirement to put the security deposit into a separate interest bearing account for the benefit of the tenants, I would make an effort to cure, but I don't think even that is good enough. You really run a risk if you send the tenants a Notice to Quit for failure to pay rent. Call my friend Joe Ross for further advice, and tell him Andrea sent you. A. Joseph Ross, J.D. 617.367.0468 92 State Street, Suite 700...