Attorney Atlas is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He was the founder of the Boston College Law School Keyport Scholarship Fund which annually provides financial assistance to deserving students at the Law School.
His career has been exclusively as a business and employment attorney representing private and public sector employers, key executives, and individual employees.
His experience includes: business formation, governance and dissolution; business dispute resolution; shareholders' agreements; hiring practices; wage/hour compliance; 1099/W2 employee classification; "whistle blowing" cases; reduction in force; employee manuals; human resources department matters; labor/union relations; employment and business contract development, negotiation administration and termination. Advocate or neutral provider in mediation/arbitration matters; administrative law, trial and appellate court litigation regarding regulatory compliance; individual and employment contract negotiation and non-compete enforcement.
Specialties: Corporate guidance, labor/management relations, representation regarding all aspects of employment and business relationships as well as judicial and alternate dispute resolution of controversies arising therefrom.
- Union Organization and Labor Agreement Administration
- Labor Discrimination Law Compliance
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants Information Security Plans for Identity Protection
- Payment of Wages
- Classification of Employees (1099/W-2)
- Computer Use Policies
- Protected Personal Information Security Programs (WISP)
- Oracle Business Expo-Featured Speaker, Employee Classification Act (1099/W-2)
- National Police K-9 Convention - Speaker, Overtime Compensation (FLSA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants- IRS/DOL Employee Classification Developments