Yes, you can sue both, but it is usually beneficial to see whether you or the other driver has the higher insurance coverage. In Massachusetts the minimum coverage is 20,000 per person 40,000 per accident. Some drivers elect to increase their coverage, however, and that is the insurance company you are more likely to recover greater amounts from.