Sr. Software Developer
We're looking for strong Sr. Software Developers to drive and lead our products. You will take a product from conception to completion, shaping its direction the whole way. You'll have the flexibility to build each project in the way you think is best, using the best tools and technologies. Our ideal candidate will own the development of the project from the front end to the database layer.
When you're done, you'll get to extract stuff that would be useful to other people and open-source it.
We use whatever tools and technologies we think are best for the situation, including Ruby, Rails, Redis, Solr, Git, Chef, SASS/Compass, neo4j, Sinatra, Objective-C, and EC2.
We're looking for:
- Passion for building software. Huge bonus points if you've built or maintained open source software or side projects. (Send us your GitHub profile!)
- The ability to identify and institute software best practices throughout a team and organization.
- Someone who can provide technical leadership. You should be comfortable mentoring new developers, sharing knowledge across the team, driving a new project from the beginning, and thinking about how projects and teams will interact on a strategic level.
- Experience working on a large software project over several years. You should be able to reliably add features to shipped code, identify and reduce technical debt, participate in the product design process, estimate accurately, and provide quality feedback to the rest of the team.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and sharing them with your coworkers. We've seen huge productivity improvements from using new tech, so a keen eye for cool new stuff is a plus.
- Collaboration with other disciplines you'll be working closely with designers and PMs, and it takes everyone's skills to build something remarkable.
- A strong desire to build the best product for your customers, no matter how long it takes to get there.
We focus on small, cross-discipline teams building Web, iOS and Android applications. When you're done, you'll get to extract stuff that would be useful to other people and open-source it. We're the team behind projects such as:
To apply for this job, either use the 'Apply' link above or email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position in the subject.