As a UX Designer at Avvo, you will make a real impact on the vision of our product. Our UX team has strong support at the executive level: we have our proverbial seat at the table, so you’ll have a real say in our direction (and not be just another cog in a corporate machine).
Well-rounded UX chops are table stakes for this position, but our primary concern is finding the right fit for our tight little band of designers. Avvo’s web and mobile products are already market-leading and we have big plans in the works—come check us out!
Desired Design Skills and Characteristics:
- Exceptionally strong in interaction design and cross-device user experience
- Visual design skills are a plus
- Can balance thinking big & thinking practical
- Can work independently and lead projects, and can also be a collaborative team member
- Comfortable communicating design thinking to all levels of management and stakeholders
- Can work low-fi (sketching & whiteboarding), and hi-fi as appropriate
- Can conduct your own lightweight usability research when needed, as well as partner with dedicated researchers on deeper aspects
- Ability to create interactive prototypes is a plus
- Familiar with, but not dogmatic about Lean & Agile UX thinking
- A degree in HCI, Industrial Design, UCD, or related field is preferred
- 3+ years working in professional environments. Ideally in-house, and team based
In your portfolio, we'll be looking for the following:
- Ability to communicate your ideas by whatever means necessary, be it sketching, wireframing, or interpretive dance
- Examples of taking projects from early ideation to execution
- Diverse experience with a variety of products and platforms (responsive web, iOS, etc.)
- Ability to create superb designs by leveraging advanced knowledge of grid systems, layout, and composition
- Experience designing elegant interaction states and transitions
To apply for this job, either use the 'Apply' link above or email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position in the subject.