Lead Software Developer
Avvo is looking for a Lead Developer to oversee development on our next generation product. In this role, you will mentor and lead a team of full-stack developers and be a central point of contact in collaborating with Avvo design and product teams. You will be key in code review, test and team development and growth.
As a team lead, you’ll set the standard for code quality, make architectural decisions, mentor developers, and shape our development culture. You’ll be responsible for the development of an entire product line, and have the freedom to drive it in the direction you think is right.
At Avvo, we use whatever tools and technologies we think are best for the situation, including Ruby, Rails, Redis, Solr, Git, Chef, SASS/Compass, neo4j, Sinatra, Objective-C, and EC2.
We're the team behind projects like:
We're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years as a Sr. Software Developer or Team Lead on a software project
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related experience
- Serious passion for building software. (Huge bonus points if you've built or maintained open source software or side projects. (Send us your GitHub profile!))
- The ability to identify and institute software best practices throughout a team and organization.
- Someone who can provide technical leadership. You should be comfortable mentoring new developers, sharing knowledge across the team, driving a new project or feature, helping the team set good estimates, and thinking about how projects and teams will interact on a strategic level.
- Experience working on a large software project over several years. You should be able to reliably add features to shipped code, identify and reduce technical debt, participate in the product design process, estimate accurately, and provide quality feedback to the rest of the team.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and sharing them with your coworkers. We've seen huge productivity boosts from using new tech, so a keen eye for cool new stuff is a plus.
- Collaboration with other disciplines you'll be working closely with designers and PMs, and it takes everyone's skills to build something remarkable.
- A strong desire to build the best product for your customers, no matter what it takes to get there.
To apply for this job, either use the 'Apply' link above or email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position in the subject.